Thursday, March 29, 2012

Convert Access to SQL 2000 Desktop

I have used the Upsizing Wizard in Access 2003 to convert a database to SQL. When I open it using SQL 2000 Desktop edition, I am finding a problem with the views and stored procedures.
When I open a query in design view, the tables are displayed in the upper pane without the details of the individual fields. All I get is a tick box next to *(All Columns)
If I create a new table, the same thing happens. If I create a new database, then make a table within it, any queries behave normally, with all the fields displayed.
I would be grateful for any ideasIf you are using the Access query designer, then checking the boxes next to the field names in the diagram pane will make the fields appear in the query grid.|||My problem is that there are no field names in the diagram pane - just a single line at the top of the table box which says *(All Columns). There is a single check box to the left of it, so I can have all columns or no columns. I can't pick the ones I want.
This "All Columns" would normally be at the top of the list of field names.
(How do I insert an image into this reply?)|||Post the SQL from the SQL pane for the view in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment