Thursday, March 29, 2012

convert Access DB to MS SQL with dtswiz(command line)

Hi!

I' m sitting here now for days and I still get no conclusion on my
problem. I have an MS ACCESS .mdb File and I would like to export it
with dtswiz.exe (from MS SQL Utility Tools) via command line. (If you
know other tools which are able to do that via command line I would
appreciate any suggestion)

I tried to find another Provider Parameter (like MSDASQL) for Access
but somehow it seems to me that Microsoft only got one. I' m also able
to address a Server which appears in the GUI but I don t need one for
my ACCess DB (I only tried, if the command parameters have any effect
on the converter).

I would be glad if someone could help me on this.

Thank you
Klaus Baumgarten"Klaus Baumgarten" <klaus.baumgarten@.gmx.net> wrote in message
news:c562e80d.0405110819.6eb845bc@.posting.google.c om...
> Hi!
> I' m sitting here now for days and I still get no conclusion on my
> problem. I have an MS ACCESS .mdb File and I would like to export it
> with dtswiz.exe (from MS SQL Utility Tools) via command line. (If you
> know other tools which are able to do that via command line I would
> appreciate any suggestion)
> I tried to find another Provider Parameter (like MSDASQL) for Access
> but somehow it seems to me that Microsoft only got one. I' m also able
> to address a Server which appears in the GUI but I don t need one for
> my ACCess DB (I only tried, if the command parameters have any effect
> on the converter).
> I would be glad if someone could help me on this.
> Thank you
> Klaus Baumgarten

I'm not totally sure what your issue is - are you asking how to execute a
DTS package from the command line? If so, you can save your package to a
..dts file and execute it with dtsrun.exe; you can use dtsrunui.exe to build
a working command line first.

If your problem is moving data from an Access database to an MSSQL one, then
this may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=285829

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment