Thursday, March 29, 2012

Convert an Access database to SQL

I've seen software that claims it can convert an Access database into SQL on
e. Does anyone know how this works? Does Microsoft have a solution for this?
I've only used Access databases and need to develop one with more power. For
developing all I need is the developers edition right? My hosting server do
es have SQL.
Thanks for helping a SQL newbie
JoyceAccess has an Upsizing Wizard to migrate an Access database
to SQL Server - you can find information on this in the
Access help files. You can also use DTS (Data Transformation
Services) in SQL Server to migrate your Access data to SQL
Server.
For the situation you describe and just using SQL Server for
development, the developers edition would be fine.
-Sue
On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:51:02 -0700, jje
<jevans1@.verizon.net> wrote:

>I've seen software that claims it can convert an Access database into SQL o
ne. Does anyone know how this works? Does Microsoft have a solution for this
?
>I've only used Access databases and need to develop one with more power. Fo
r developing all I need is the developers edition right? My hosting server d
oes have SQL.
>Thanks for helping a SQL newbie
>Joyce|||Thank you so much for the quick answer.|||Some other resources here, as well:
http://www.aspfaq.com/2182
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP
http://www.aspfaq.com/
"jje" <jevans1@.verizon.net> wrote in message
news:78ADFC44-20D8-42B8-AEDF-7496B10BDCC2@.microsoft.com...
> I've seen software that claims it can convert an Access database into SQL
> one. Does anyone know how this works? Does Microsoft have a solution for
> this?
> I've only used Access databases and need to develop one with more power.
> For developing all I need is the developers edition right? My hosting
> server does have SQL.
> Thanks for helping a SQL newbie
> Joyce|||On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:51:02 -0700, jje <jevans1@.verizon.net> wrote:

>Thanks for helping a SQL newbie
Something to note just in case...Upsizing will only transfer your data
to SQL Server. You'll essentially have a front-end/back-end where you
use Access' Forms and Reports using SQL Server tables, stored
procedures and views.
Lerch

No comments:

Post a Comment