Thursday, March 29, 2012

convert access IIF to sql in order by statement

ive been having a lot of trouble converting this last line from my access database to sql server. i was hoping someone could help
order by Name, IIF(Risk.Calc like H*, 1, IIF (Risk.Calc like M*,2,3)), Risk.Chance*risk.cons DESC, risk.title
any suggestions?I;m not sure I got the IIF true/False right...I went with IIF(expr, true, false)...if it's backwards just flip it in the code...

ORDER BY Name
-- , IIF(Risk.Calc like H*, 1, IIF (Risk.Calc like M*,2,3)), Risk.Chance*risk.cons DESC, risk.title
, CASE WHEN Risk.Calc LIKE 'H%' THEN 1
WHEN Riks.Calc LIKE 'M%' THEN 2
ELSE 3
END
, Risk.Tile|||i didnt think you could use IIF in sql|||I think brett was just reiterating your iif and submitting a case example as the replacement.|||yea thats what i thought after i looked at it, thanks for the help brett|||The "--" indicate that it's a comment line...good luck..

did it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment