Thursday, March 29, 2012

Convert Access into SQL server express

Sorry if this has been answered before. Could not find any answers.

OS Vista Business, SQL Server 2005 Express.

I have a CSV file which I imported to Access only 100 records with 8 fields. Then ran Tools >> Database Utilities >> Upsizing Wisard. The result was I exported the table field headers but not the data. Is there any method on how I can get the field headers and data into SQL Server Express?

Use the Upsize Structure AND Data option. Personally, I found this migration product to be a bit better than the one built in to Access:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D842F8B4-C914-4AC7-B2F3-D25FFF4E24FB&displaylang=en

|||

Mike, you cannot believe the amount of hours I spent googling looking for an answer and you have supplied the perfect soultion. Thank you greatly. I don't know why I missed finding this option. It does exactly what I have been looking for and so easy to use.

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment